The GMS 2016 Application is open. To be eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American;
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED;
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student;
- Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline; and
- Have the following forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf:
- A Nominator Form-an evaluation of the student’s academic record, and;
- A Recommender Form- an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities.
The deadline for applications for the next class of the Gates Millennium Scholars Program is on January 13, 2016.
Visit www.gmsp.org for more info.